Safety is the foundation of our culture
At Winston Plywood & Veneer, safety is non-negotiable. It is the number one condition for employment – period! We share a moral obligation to create a safe work environment, and have no tolerance for unsafe acts and reckless behavior in the workplace.
We always put safety first
- We firmly believe that individuals are accountable for their safety and the safety of others
- We are convinced that safety awareness starts with a commitment from team members and is reinforced through the actions of the company and its leaders
- We will timely investigate and communicate to team members all unsafe acts, regardless of their severity, since this is crucial in driving safety improvement and promoting a culture of safety
All Incidents are preventable
- We believe everyone can – and must – finish each day safely and in good health
- We will relentlessly pursue and aggressively monitor actions to eliminate unsafe conditions
- We strongly believe that improving safety is an ongoing responsibility of all our team members
The company and its leaders are responsible for creating a safe work place
- We will demonstrate our personal commitment to a safe work place and the health of all team members and contractors
- We are accountable and responsible to manage risk and ensure that any unsafe conditions are addressed
- We will encourage team members to be actively involved with all safety activities in the plant including the safety committee
Contact us to learn more about our company, and its commitment to safety throughout our organization.